21 Jan The Easiest Plant Milk You’ll Ever Make
So here goes, the simplest and quickest home made milk recipe.
What you’ll need:
- 3 cups of water
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- Vanilla extract/Medjool date/Maple syrup for flavour (optional)
- Cheese cloth or Clean T-shirt
- Simply mix the wet and dry ingredients into the blender and blend for 45 seconds.
- Lay your cloth over a reservoir, pour mixture over top and squeeze in order to strain out the pulp – I usually skip this step as I typically only use milk in smoothies or with granola, so I don’t mind a little extra pulp
- Et voila, the easiest zero waste vegan milk you’ve ever made!
Note: Shake before use and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days in a sealed container!